Screenshot of Bad News score

Bad News is a game that gives people examples of disinformation on the internet. It followed the segmenting principle because people could read the text at their own pace. Also, it followed the personalization principle since the conversation is in a conversational style. It gave feedback to people to see the result of disinformation(the number of followers) therefore it followed the feedback principle. And lastly, it gave worked examples so it followed the worked example principle.

There are also some principles that Bad News did not follow. For example it did not follow the multimedia principle. Most of the game is in words alone.

Screenshot of my Sketchnote

Sketchnote is a great tool for students to effectively take notes in class or remember lectures. It follows the cognitive load theory because it summarizes the knowledge and puts them into short words and simple sketches. People would likely memorize the main idea of a lecture than the whole lecture. Other than that, sketchnote also follows

• multimedia principle: sketchnote contains both words and pictures(sketches).
  • split-attention principle: texts and sketches are physically integrated.
  • signaling principle: sketchnote only contains highlighted and important texts.
  • self-explanation principle: people are showing their understanding to the lecture because they digest and summarized by themselves.

Sketchnoting would be very helpful in my school work and in life in general. It allows me to take quick notes in class and summarize them in advance, so I would understand the knowledge as soon as possible. And it would be so helpful when I want to review them since I have the summary and I don’t have to review the whole lecture. We are using reflecting blogging, group project, and game-based and new skill development as active learning methods in EDCI 337.