The Dual Coding Theory was about learning knowledge using both texts or graphs and sound. After learning the theory, I would add both texts and pictures in my PowerPoint slides. However, I would lower the percentage of my texts, because reading the slides would reduce the learning effectiveness.

The concept of Flow is important to talk about in classes about learning and education. Moreover, people are getting used to learning online, therefore the concept of Flow is needed to talk about. Learning the concept of Flow would help us learning and thinking how to better use multimedia to attain the state of flow in the classroom.

This course is about Interactive and Multimedia Learning, which is more concentrated on learning.  Learning theories are necessary to learn in this class because only when we are understanding the learning theories, can we think about how do we create more effective presentations and other interactive learning.

Reference

Kelly, J. (2012). learning theories [Image]. Retrieved from https://thepeakperformancecenter.com/educational-learning/learning/theories/